Visas and residence permits

Students from a non-Nordic EU/EEA country will require a residence permit if the stay exceeds three months.

Students from countries other than the Nordic and EU/EEA countries must apply for a residence permit for students before coming to Sweden!

Contact the Swedish Embassy/Consulate in your home country. Do it well in advance; the procedure may take several months!

When you apply for the residence permit, you need the following documents:
- a valid passport
- a letter showing admittance to Konstfack
- documents showing financial security
- documents showing that you have insurance coverage

For more information about residence permits, please contact the Swedish Migration Board (they have a website in English with information for students: