Funding and Living Costs

Being a student can be challenging financially. Here we have gathered information about fees and funding and some tips about finances for students.

Tuition fees

Citizens of countries that are not part of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland are generally required to pay application and tuition fees. There are some exceptions. To determine if you are required to pay fees, please see the application website

Here is information about application and tuition fees to Konstfack's programmes and courses.


The Study in Sweden website has information on Swedish scholarships available for international students who are planning to study in Sweden.

Konstfack offers one (1) tuition fee scholarship per year, specifically for fee-paying students newly admitted to any of Konstfack's Master's programmes.

Twice a year students and teachers at Konstfack have the opportunity to apply for scholarships from the foundations managed by Konstfack. There may also be external scholarships to apply for through Global Grant.

Konstfack has no scholarships to offer for incoming exchange students.

Living costs

Before granting you a residence permit, (if you come from a country outside the EU) the Swedish Migration Board will ask you to prove that you will have enough money (in the form of personal funds, scholarships from home, or some other means) to cover your expenses during your entire stay in Sweden. The living expense requirement from the Swedish Migration Board for applicants is at least SEK 10314/month (2024).

Here is more information about resi­dence permits and living costs for studies in higher educa­tion

Material costs at Konstfack

For some of the programs at Konstfack, there may be additional material costs for the students based on the materials used in the workshops, labs, and studios. For more information about this, please contact the department of your programme directly.

Study funding from The Swedish Board of Student Finance (CSN)

To cope with the large expenditures, students that are Swedish citizens or have permanent residence permit and live in Sweden can take out student loans while studying. One portion of the money is in the form of grants and the other portion is a loan that must be repaid.

For more information, please visit the website of The Swedish Board of Student Finance.

Here are some tips for how to get the money last longer

Live cheap. It is often cheaper to share an apartment or live in a dorm than to rent your own apartment. Then you can also share some expenses.

Borrow textbooks. Take advantage of the libraries, or borrow literature by someone who took the course before.

Set aside money for the essentials - rent and food. Set aside the money you need for food. Then you will see what you have left to live on.

Take advantage of all the student discounts that are available in various locations. As a registered student at Konstfack, you are able to hold a Student Identity Card and receive student discounts through Mecenat.