Exchange Students

The international engagement is important. Konstfack has agreements with more than 90 partner schools around the world. This makes the atmosphere at the school very international and enriches the whole curriculum.

But please note that during these Covid-19 times the education might be different. The teaching at Konstfack is currently given in a hybrid form where some is given online an some on campus and this might continue during Fall 2021. Studies might partly be on distance unless your schedule says that you should attend Konstfack. Booked time in workshop is counted as scheduled time. 

It is important to read this carefully before travelling to Sweden.
Please see here for updated information from both the National Health Authorities and the Police on rules for entering Sweden: Recommendations for people entering Sweden from abroad - The Public Health Agency of Sweden (

And from the Police authorities

In these pandemic times we cannot guarantee access to the school and the workshops the usual way. There is a risk of restrictions continuing during the Fall and teaching might have to be given online instead of on campus. There might also be new quarantine regulations that we have not experienced before.

In case you are not able to arrive in Sweden we will not be able to offer you online teaching as an exception. We can only offer you the same way of teaching that we offer our regular students.

If you are not able to arrive, you must make sure that you will be able to study at your home institution instead during the Spring semester.

Student safety is our top priority. Therefore, even at very short notice, the Pandemic may cause actions that will affect university education. We are closely monitoring the guidelines of the Swedish Authorities and need to proceed accordingly.

All incoming exchange students should be prepared for changing guidelines in travel, accommodation and other practicalities.

It is possible to apply for exchange on Undergraduate level. For more information look under Application and Admission. Second year (BA) students should apply for exchange during Spring semesters*, and third year (BA) students during Fall semesters.

* = The following programs cannot admit exchange students during Spring semesters:
Graphic Design and Illustration, Textile and Ceramics and Glass. 

Partner schools
Students from our partner schools can apply for exchange. Please note that we only handle applications from partner schools. For more information please contact your International Office. The application should be sent through the International Office at your home school.

Konstfack can admit about 40-45 (BA) exchange students each year.

At Konstfack it is important that you take full responsibility for your studies. In various projects you will be working on your own or in groups with your fellow students. As an exchange student you should be highly motivated and self-going and self-propelled. The language of tuition is Swedish, but you will be able to get instructions by the tutor or your fellow students in English. If the majority of students in a class are exchange students, the tuition will proably switch to English.

Academic calendar

The academic year consists of two semesters; the spring semester and the autumn semester.

Application and admission

On this page you can find information on how to apply to Konstfack as an exchange student.

Banking and budget

Banking Credit cards are accepted in most places in Sweden, in particular VISA, Eurocard, MasterCard and American Express. Please check before you...

Checklist before departure

• Valid passport or ID card that can be used for travelling abroad. Other documentation required by your own country • Residence permit, for non EU...

Contact the International Office

If you have questions about Exchange studies, please contact the International Office at If you have questions on how to...

Costs and financing

Before granting you a residence permit, (if you come from a country outside the EU) the Swedish Migration Board will ask you to prove that you will...

Courses for exchange students

Here you can find general information and contacts for further details about exchange courses.

Erasmus Charter for higher education (ECHE)

Konstfack has been awarded the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) for the period 2021-2027 by the European Commission, which is a necessar...


The rooms in our dorm at Dialoggatan 22, can only be rented by exchange students.


Insurance during school hours All students studying in Sweden are covered by the personal injury insurance (a general student insurance) that is...

Language requirements

As an exchange student, you are not required to have any Swedish language ability to be admitted for studies at Konstfack, but you must have a good...

Partner schools

Nordic countries     Europe      Outside Europe   Nordic countries Denmark Arkitektskolen i Aarhus   Danmarks Designskole Designskolen Kolding The...

Studying abroad independently

This information is for students at Konstfack who want to study at a university with which Konstfack does not have an exchange agreement and how th...

Support for exchange students with disabilities

When a student with disabilities applies to participate in an exchange programme at Konstfack, it is necessary to establish early contacts between...

Transcript of records and Learning Agreement

Transcript of Records Upon completion of studies, an official transcript of records is printed by the Student Office at Konstfack if requested by t...

Using your laptop

You can use your private laptop anywhere at Konstfack by logging in to the network Eduroam with the user name and password you get after...

Visas and residence permits

Students from a non-Nordic EU/EEA country will require a residence permit if the stay exceeds three months.