Exchange Students

Please note that none of the programs will be able to accept any exchange students forfall 2020, due to the situation with Covid-19!
The international engagement is important. Konstfack has agreements with more than 80 partner schools around the world. This makes the atmosphere at the school very international and enriches the whole curriculum.

It is possible to apply for exchange on Undergraduate level. For more information look under Application and Admission. Second year (BA) students should apply for exchange during Spring semesters*, and third year (BA) students during Fall semesters.

* = The following programs cannot admit exchange students during Spring semesters:
Graphic Design and Illustration, Textile and Ceramics and Glass. Due to the Covid-19 situation the Textile program has opened up for exchange applications this Spring 2021 instead of Fall 2020.

Partner schools
Students from our partner schools can apply for exchange. Please note that we only handle applications from partner schools. For more information please contact your International Office. The application should be sent through the International Office at your home school.

Konstfack can admit about 40-45 (BA) exchange students each year.

At Konstfack it is important that you take full responsibility for your studies. In various projects you will be working on your own or in groups with your fellow students. As an exchange student you should be highly motivated and self-going and self-propelled. The language of tuition is Swedish, but you will be able to get instructions by the tutor or your fellow students in English. If the majority of students in a class are exchange students, the tuition will proably switch to English.

Academic calendar

The academic year consists of two semesters; the spring semester and the autumn semester.

Application and admission

Please note that none of the programs will be able to accept any exchange students for fall 2020, due to the situation with Covid-19! Important dat...

Banking and budget

Banking Credit cards are accepted in most places in Sweden, in particular VISA, Eurocard, MasterCard and American Express. Please check before you...

Checklist before departure

• Valid passport and any other documentation required by your own country • Residence permit • European Health Insurance card or other proof of...

Contact the International Office

If you have questions about Exchange studies, please contact the International Office. Katarina Stanisz 08-450 41 49 Protected address...

Costs and financing

Before granting you a residence permit, (if you come from a country outside the EU) the Swedish Migration Board will ask you to prove that you will...

Courses for exchange students

Here you can find general information and contacts for further details about exchange courses.

Erasmus Charter for higher education (ECHE)

Konstfack has been awarded the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) for the period 2014-2020 by the European Commission, which is a necessar...


These rooms can normally only be rented by exchange students but for the period between August 1st 2020 and July 31st it is possible for other...


Insurance during school hours All students studying in Sweden are covered by the personal injury insurance (a general student insurance) that is...

Language requirements

As an exchange student, you are not required to have any Swedish language ability to be admitted for studies at Konstfack, but you must have a good...

Partner schools

Nordic countries     Europe      Outside Europe   Nordic countries Denmark Arkitektskolen i Aarhus   Danmarks Designskole Designskolen Kolding Det...

Transcript of records and Learning Agreement

Transcript of Records Upon completion of studies, an official transcript of records is printed by the Student Office at Konstfack if requested by t...

Using your laptop

You can use your private laptop anywhere at Konstfack by logging in to the network Eduroam with the user name and password you get after...

Visas and residence permits

Students from a non-Nordic EU/EEA country will require a residence permit if the stay exceeds three months.

Updated: 17 August 2010
Author: Matilda Uhrström