Konstfack's vision, mission and overall goals
Konstfack’s vision, mission and overall goals. Here you can also download the Rules of Procedure and Decision-making at Konstfack.
Konstfack will create new knowledge and be a national and international trendsetter in art education and research, as well as artistic subject and professional development.
We offer particularly promising and motivated students and researchers in the areas of art, design, fine craftsmanship and art teacher education an international, multidisciplinary research environment. Our programmes offer a wide selection of artistic methods as well as critical dialogue.
High quality, humanism, sustainable development and high demands for creative ability
characterise Konstfack's study programmes and research.
After completing first, second and third-cycle programmes, students will have:
1. the skills and knowledge required to establish themselves in their professions
2. proficiency in design work and communication, as well as the ability to think and work beyond the limits of their particular disciplines
3. critical thinking ability, courage, problem-solving skills and leadership capacity
4. solid knowledge of the theory and history of art, design, fine craftsmanship and art teacher education
5. a broad perspective on contemporary cultural and social currents
6. the knowledge required to conduct focused projects concerning issues of diversity and sustainable development
7. the ability to participate
Konstfack has a research environment strong enough to promote research within its branches of knowledge while pursuing interdisciplinary, international collaboration with others. The research environment is characterised by close cooperation with first and second-cycle programmes.
Konstfack promotes understanding of the changing cultural and social conditions to which art, fine craftsmanship, design and art teacher education are subject.
Revised by the Board of Governors on October 9, 2012